Friday, August 30, 2013

Rooftops

I want to shout it from the rooftops!

The soldier and I have made it official. Official official. It's on facebook. That's just how official it is.

The basics:

Age: 24
Occupation: Student, other than a soldier. :)
Eyes: blue
Good guy? Yes. Definitely.

Now some back story.

We have been out a few times, some dinners, a movie, meeting family, and drinks brought us to our 5th date which was a Red Sox Game. He got the tickets for his birthday a few months ago, and decided to bring me! We were able to take our first official picture, because who can actually go to a Red Sox Game and not take a picture???


Isn't he precious??? Yea, I think so too! :) 

We went to dinner before the game. Through a conversation about the pizza I ordered being bigger than we both thought, I said "Well any pizza can be a personal pizza if you just try hard enough." Needless to say I found myself with a double-dog dare to finish the pizza. We were late to the game, BUT I finished my pizza! He was impressed, I was stuffed, all was right with the world. :) 

We took a few more pictures that night, one that for many of you who know me, will perfectly describe our relationship. Mind you it also comes with a story. We took the train in, as finding parking would have been horrendous. There were a few different stops where we needed to switch trains. I have navigated the T successfully a few times, but being from Boston I thought he might do better. Well he didn't, we got on a train going in the proper direction. But it was the only train NOT going to the stop we needed. Through multiple jokes about my lack of navigational skills, I was associated to being a dictator. This was the face that I gave him when the jokes were remembered at the game:


Poor thing puts up with this face, he must be a keeper! :) 

Of course the obligatory pictures were taken with the field, but terrible lighting. 



And apparently our photographer didn't want to put any significant portion of the diamond in the picture....maybe we will stick to shameless selfies. ;) 

Now I will go back to the rooftop and continue to shout for joy!
M


No comments:

Post a Comment