Saturday, August 3, 2013

WELCOME BACK!!!

Oh hey there,

oh wait, I'm the one who has been away for.....ummmm 9 months, 19 days and a handful of hours....well if no one is counting neither shall I.

With some prompting from a very reliable and trustworthy friend, I have decided (but really she decided), that it will be a good idea to try and start the blog back up. This is due to the fact that, oh wait, like the past 4 years, I will again be away from home. 4 hours and 2 states, yea it's a little ways.

Well, my family made that trek this morning.....with a uhaul full of stuff. Now maybe I should clarify that it was a 5x8 foot trailer. I don't have that much stuff (though you shouldn't ask my stepmom of her opinion on the matter). With all of it, there was quite a bit of heavy stuff to carry up to the third floor of the apartment building I am moving into. It's almost as if I am moving back to college with having to move in with no elevator...well, it's okay, I don't have to move it for awhile!!!

So my location....I am in Lawrence this year, beginning a real-life, big girl, JOB!!! I am going to be a kindergarten teacher! :) The world can rejoice now because I have a job that will start paying off those loans. Woot! :)

I shall leave you with a funny tidbit from the day:

A few weeks back I was driving along the road and happened to see into a yard sale that was selling a BEAUTIFUL headboard and footboard. Now the beautiful part came under the nasty rose paint that needed to be cleaned and sanded off, and thennnnnn painted a cheerful yellow, but then it was pretty! :) So I of course brought said headboard and footboard with me, with a box spring and mattress to put within it. (The frame wouldn't have been very comfortable to sleep on, with the holes and hard wood, yea not so comfy). I dragged all of the contents up to the apartment, and started to assemble the multiple pieces. Daddy cut the mattress and box spring out of the packaging, and we started to pull it towards the bed. We lifted it up to place it in, and all of a sudden the bed frame shrank! I swear it was straight out of the "Honey, I Shrank the Kids"! Well, in actuality, bed frames were made an inch or two narrower and shorter in the 30's (when the frame was manufactured) than the size of beds made today. Go Figure! No one decided to give me the new bulletin on this one. Unfair.

So now I am sleeping on the floor with my headboard propped up....it looks legit. :)

Happy Sleeping,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment