Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Boots and Cowboys





The Cowboys were represented by none other than this beautiful man....




My dear dear friend Kayla and I went to see him this weekend.

But...the weekend started with a making of this beautiful bread:



2 LOAVES OF BANANA BREAD!!!! It was delicious. A bit sweeter than I expected or I am used to, but still delicious none the less.

That was what began my Friday morning. I then spent the day reading and packing to head down to Kayla's. I was lucky enough to have some alone time with her mama. It was nice to be welcomed into a home in which I visited for the first time only months previously. We talked about teaching things, life things, moving things and everything in between. I am so lucky to have had that time to spend with her.

Kayla and I spent much of our time just hanging out, bowling with our left hands, watching movies, eating ice cream. It was entertaining to say the least.

I can easily say without a shadow of a doubt that our favorite part of the weekend was seeing Scotty. We both enjoyed the show so much and realized how much we have matured because we didn't have the need to be tweening* the entire show. (Tweening: running up to his bus and screaming when he made an appearance). For being so young, Scotty clearly has country running through his veins because he acts much older!! He sounds and acts like a boy straight off a farm and that is a beautiful thing!

The weekend was a success and I was happy to conclude my first week in Lawrence with some very dear people. Here's to enjoying every second I can!

Happy Hump Day!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment