Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Date...

Dun, dun, dun....

If you haven't read the first part explaining how I met an attractive soldier, scroll down and read it first.

I really mean it. You need to scroll down.

So the date:

When: August 16th at 5:00

Where: North Shore

The original plan was to see a movie at 7:30, grab a seafood dinner, and head to a beach to talk for awhile.

Two side notes:

Dinner after a 7:30 movie? Do we know how I eat? I would have been heading to my third dinner of the evening.

The beach was totally the soldiers idea. He admitted he is a hopeless romantic. My favorite!

Well, due to the schedule, all of the good restaurants he wanted to go to would have been closed by the time we could get there. As a true gentlemen would do, he was planning on coming and picking me up, thus making him drive 40 minutes from his place of residence. So I suggested a different sort of plan, one revolving around the North Shore.

Having lived in the area for four years I, naturally, picked out all of my favorite places to go! And because as any good girl knows, with a good smile you can get your way. I moved the time from 7:30 to 5, so that I didn't have to feel like a pig eating two dinners before the poor guy showed up.

Friday came, and as per usual, my natural feeling of wanting to faint due to nervousness showed up. I paced. I cleaned. I made sure everything looked perfect. I straightened my hair, adding enough product so that it wouldn't go off without supervision, did my make up, dressed in the outfit Robyn and I had decided on previously. I was ready.

And then... he sent me a text announcing his arrival to the premise. Little did he know, my balcony faces the parking lot, so I was able to see him pull into a parking spot in front of my building. Being a good roommate, she told me I needed to invite him up. So of course I looked out the window, watched his car, sent him a message to come up, and waited. I nearly fainted watching him walk out of his car. Noticing my nervousness, my roommate said she would open the door. He came up, she opened the door, I walked out, and I almost died. His pictures did not do him justice!!! He was beautiful!!!

We exchanged pleasantries and left the building. The drive was great, talking was easy. Even better, being silent was comfortable. :) This allowed dinner to go smoothly! Add in seafood, and it was wonderful!!!

I showed him Gordon, because it is such a big part of who I am. Drove on 128 for the first time e moving back. Entering Liberty Tree Mall was a wonderful reminder of the life that I have lived. Like seeing an old friend. :) We saw the move We are the Millers. Such a funny movie for those who have a bit of a crude sense of humor. It was nice to see a movie that looked interesting to both of us, not just super exciting for one and not the other. The movie was reviewed over drinks at Buffalo Wild Wings. How the soldier had never been to a BWW, I have no idea, but I am proud to have had the opportunity to introduce him to it. :)

We headed to Singing Beach! Earlier in the evening I had told him of my plan, and he questioned why it was called "Singing" beach. I explained that the sand is a special mixture of particles that when stepped on in a certain way make a noise. He then of course asked me to make the noise. For those of you who have heard the sound, I don't think a human can truly make that sound accurately, am I right? Well the beach was not up for singing when we arrived, so of course I looked like a liar. But everyone who goes there knows that it will make the sound. I have made the sound numerous times, on many different occasions. I vow to make it work again!

The beach was beautiful nonetheless, the stars were out, people had bonfires, and it felt like a typical summer night! The smell of home added to the comfort felt all around. We talked for a few hours, getting to know each other. I probably asked closed to 100 questions throughout the night. Poor guy! I have to make sure he makes his PB&J sandwiches correctly!!!

He drove me back to Lawrence, and left with the promise of  "I'll text you." After a wonderful night, a girl can only assume that means waiting. Well I awoke the next morning to a text saying "I had a wonderful time last night! When can I see you again?"

Well my friends, we had date number two on Saturday. :)

I think I found a good one! :)

Stay tuned for more adventures.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment