Tuesday, August 20, 2013

That Thing Called Tinder.



So I downloaded the popular app Tinder on my ipod....

For all of you who do not know what Tinder is, a quick definition. It is an app that connects with your facebook profile and takes 5 pictures. You can pick which pictures, but these will be seen by other people and they will judge them. If they think that you are attractive, and anything you add to your profile intrigues them, then they can "like" you. If they don't see such things, then they can dismiss you and move on to the next. Because the app is connected to your facebook it also links with where you are and only shows you people within a certain mile radius. If two people like each other then they can message each other and start talking.

In a sense it feels like shopping for boys...awkward.

I "met" multiple people, some from around Gordon, which was really interesting. It was an experience that allowed me to see that the world can be viewed as big and small. I talked with people who knew friends of mine, or friends of friends. I talked with people who were in the graduate program at Gordon. I talked with people all over Massachusetts, all offering different types of conversation.

My favorites were those that opened the conversation with something other than "hey how's it going?" Answering with "good" was becoming boring. The best was probably "So how are we going to tell our kids we met?" Well sir, you certainly are original for Tinder.

But, even among all the others, one man certainly caught my eye....and it all started with his first picture. (For all of you who don't know....I like soldiers). If you can only guess his first picture was of him in uniform. Subsequent others were also in uniform. I melted. So, of course, I liked him, and we were matched! :) We started talking, and he said some of the cutest things! I melted even more. We talked for a little bit and then he asked for my number so that we could talk a little easier. It was from that first text that I knew that I was going to like this guy.

We started texting, and he was persistent! He asked when he could take a cute girl like me out. :) After a thinking of a good time, (balancing setting up my classroom with other obligations can be more challenging than I thought), we finally settled on a day and time to finally meet...

to be continued.....
M

No comments:

Post a Comment