Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Unpacking

For those of you who don't know....I hate unpacking. I hate it with every fiber of my being. It is tedious. Annoying. Time-consuming. Repetitive. An organizational nightmare. If I was a millionaire I would pay someone to do it for me. I hate having to decide where things go, fitting my things around others as they moved in previous to my arrival. I hate finding things that I had forgotten about, therefore making me feel like I have way to much stuff for my own good. It is just a constant struggle.

So moving in on Saturday, and today being Tuesday, I still wasn't feeling settled and seriously lacking motivation. But after being woken up from a quick nap by the fed-ex man (sadly it was a package for my teacher roommate, not me), I put on some T-Swift, and got to work. Within an hour I had opened and cleaned out every tote. That means a full EIGHT totes had been dealt with!!! A dirty little secret from senior year.....I never unpacked 3 totes. So to have fully gone through all 8 totes is HUGE. Though one tote is still packed with winter clothes and extras of things we already have in the apartment. The last two totes that technically aren't unpacked are ready to go to MY classroom! So it is perfectly acceptable that they are still together.

Now what to do with the extra totes.....

My favorite part of unpacking though, was organizing my bookshelf. I built it yesterday and moved the books onto it when I woke up this morning. It looks fabulous! All of the books are organized by author's last name, and then within author's last name, by title. It is a wonderful thing! :) Pictures of the place will come once decorating has been accomplished.

With sun and clouds in the sky, have a fabulous night!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment