Monday, June 30, 2014

Hawaii Part 5

So apparently there are a lot of parts to this vacation....BUUUUUT there are a lot of pictures and stories. So I can't squish them!

In case you missed them, read and look at the others to catch up!

Hawaii Part 1

Hawaii Part 2

Hawaii Part 3

Hawaii Part 4

Get ready for picture overload, because Tuesday was PACKED!!!

The day started with breakfast at the cutest diner called Cinnamons. It reminded Megan and I of Sylvia's in Ellsworth, except it had an outdoor seating area. The food looked and tasted very similarly! I thought about sticking to my normal eggs, bacon, and toast, but for some reason eggs Benedict sounded phenomenal. I am so glad it did! Look at that!

I will help you out, it tasted even better than it looks!! 

Next we went to the Manoa Chocolate store. It was above Cinnamons, so as soon as we finished breakfast, we just walked up the stairs. Megan was courteous and checked what time the store opened. I, on the other hand saw people inside and decided to just walk in. Whoops. A girl was in the middle of giving a chocolate tasting with a group. She invited us in, and gave us so much!! I decided to buy a shirt, and a couple of chocolate bars. So much greatness in one little bag! 

Then we headed off to climb the lighthouse trail. 


Who wouldn't want to do this trail??

Off to the right is Hanauma Bay! 

So much ocean! 

Pretty bird.

Straight down to the ocean. So pretty though!

I can't get over how gorgeous this view is.

Mountains and oceans together. So beautiful. 

The lighthouse!
The hike was tremendous. It was very hot in some spots, as we had to walk around the mountain, and there were a few spots with absolutely NO breeze. It was insane to go between fresh ocean air, to dry heat and back again, all within 50 steps.

When we did get to the top, we found that people had been putting love locks on the view point. We found some pretty fun ones!

Skeleton key lock

who doesn't love dinos? Mike and Norie clearly do!
When we got back to the bottom we were both very very tired, so we grabbed a slushie and popsicle at a 7-11, and headed back to the house. 

After we ate lunch at home we decided that we needed more Morning Brew coffee. Along the way we stopped and I bought another pair of Toms!


I was so excited to find them in a store! We then headed to the mall where Morning Brew is located. Right next door was the cutest bookstore. I couldn't help myself. Megan and I both found some good books, and I took a few pictures of books I want to buy later. 
This is my kind of store! 


It's about a woman who learns who she is by identifying with both of her parents over time. Needless to say the title caught our attention first! 


With new books in our hands we headed over for coffee and reading. The perfect combination to end a fabulous day!  

Keep traveling,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment