Saturday, July 14, 2012

The way things are...


This is going to be a post of my thoughts about life lately and how they come flowing out of mind and through my finger tips. Please enjoy the ride.

So right now, as I write this I am sitting in the office in Bar Harbor, ME, listening to the rain come down against the windows, and the t.v. play the loop of the glider and biplane rides, and it reminds me to be thankful. For everything that has happened in my life, I don’t think that I am thankful enough. I have a roof over my head that keeps me safe and dry, as well as a wonderful car that takes me from one place to another safely. I am not thankful enough, and I know in this day and age, it is widely believe (I think), that we are entitled to so much of these things. I should have a place to live with a roof that is dry and warm, and a means of transportation. I think we have lost our means of gratefulness and for this I think it is really sad.

I want my life to be a grateful one, where I look around me and notice all of the beautiful things that are happening. The rain for things to grow, a job so I can save money, a family who supports me, friends who love me dearly, especially so much that they tell me exactly how they feel, knowing that it is the one way I will listen, and for God’s beautiful creation and how he helps us remember that we are small in terms of creation, but equally loved in His family.\

Maybe this post is a little too deep, and maybe it just isn’t filled with as much fun as it should, but I think we all need a little reminding of what is important in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment