Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm Back!!!


I know, such a long sabbatical from writing....not because I haven't been wanting to write, the whole "stealing internet from some random person in the neighborhood" was awful for the past month. So now that I am back, in my wonderful Gordon apartment, I now have an internet bubble that reads "Signal Strength: Excellent" Oh Happy Day!

So since I was gone, a ton of things have happened!!! Let's start at the beginning:

  • Camping with the Family
  • Working 12 hour days
  • Best friend's wedding
  • End of work
  • Moving to Gordon
Well, those are all of the big things. 

Camping with my family was amazing! We went down to this cute little campground in Biddeford, right along the Saco River. We went there last year, so it was so nice to return. They have horses, llamas, chickens, sheep, and a ton of other animals. The owner is from England! Brownie points there. The river is soft and smooth, so instead of swimming, we would bring noodles and floaties to the beach and float down to our little beach by the campsite. It was the most relaxing thing!

And then....I went back to work, and had to work 11 days in a row, from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. Boy was I stressed out!!! The pilot's were wonderful, and helped me out so much while I was playing "Boss". 

Then my best friend from the age of 4. Yes count that 17 years of friendship (longest relationship I have ever had? Check!), GOT MARRIED!!!!! Ahhhhh crazy!!! Here is us in all our glory! I can't believe it! Talk about the most gorgeous bride ever!!! I cried when she walked down the aisle. I cried when she said I do. I cried when she walked out the first time as part of Mr. and Mrs. Shawn Williams. I cried when I gave my toast. I basically cried for a solid 3 hours. (Classic). But now that I'm so late in posting about it, she is now in Hawaii with her hubby. Not a bad life if I do say so myself. :)

I then had my last day of work 4 days after the wedding. My boss was super nice and let me have a ride in a vintage World War II fighter trainer!!! Who else can say they have flown a plane from 1944??? Ummm, no one??? That's what I thought. Best summer job??? I think so!!!! 

Here are the wonderful pilots that I worked with all summer. Might I just point out how awkward all of them are....(just saying). Having 1 girl work with 6 men is an adjustment. I have them trained well! :) They all really do love me! I wish I said, "bring it all in guys" but you gotta work with what you got! They were pretty darn wonderful all summer long! I can't complain! :)



NOW!!! I am back at school, and have hit the ground running with a cold, college bound training and lots, and LOTS of homework!!! So wish me luck as I get going through this crazy crazy year of ups, and downs, as well as huge amounts of stress!!!! 

See you,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment