Sunday, September 9, 2012

That time I...

That time I went home for the weekend so that I could spend it with my little brother, was such a wonderful trip home! I left school at 4 on Thursday, and got home around 8:15, mild speeding permitted. But I just got to hang out all day Friday with my dad, saw my family Friday night for cake and presents for the munchkin, and family time all day Saturday. It was fabulous!!!

Again, I learned how much I love home, how much I hate leaving, and how much family means to me. Three years ago, if you had asked me how I felt about home and Maine, I would have told you that I hated it, Maine was the most awful, stifling place a person can live. I would have told you that anywhere other than Maine was best. I couldn't understand why people would want to live there for their entire lives and never leave. I couldn't understand it. Now, as I enter my 4th year of college, and face the inevitable ending of school, I must choose what I will do with the rest of my life. That is such a scary idea. But as I have had to drive away from my family so many times, and be left behind after they dropped me off, I know that no matter what I do, I want to be close to them, even if that means that I have to go back to Maine. Will I go back right after school? I'm not sure, but somehow I feel compelled to go back, and see what is in store for me. All I know for sure is that I am trusting in God's plan for my life, as He is the only one with the details, and the only one who is really in control. All of my plans have been tossed around and thrown back in my face, so if I just choose to give up all control and follow where God wants me to go, I know I will be safe. That is liberating! 

So that time that I went home for my brother's birthday, turned into a wonderful weekend because of all that I learned about myself, my family, and how much they care and support for me. That is the most important thing to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment